Jack Berry and Harry Shallop opened their first supermarket-style pet food and supply store in Redford, Michigan, in the late 1980’s, and by 1990, they were franchising Pet Supplies Plus. In addition to food and supply sales, the stores offer services such as grooming, self-serve pet washes and adoptions events.
Who We Are
For over 30 years, Pet Supplies Plus has been a leader in the pet supplies retail industry and our mission to be America’s Favorite Neighborhood Pet Store has never wavered. We believe that while many brands come and go, one thing that will never go out of style is the love we have for our pets, the extent we will go to get them what they need and the importance of being the go-to store for expert advice and best-in-class customer experience. This belief has enabled us to grow to over 560 stores in 36 states. What makes a Pet Supplies Plus franchise opportunity even more remarkable is that a Pet Supplies Plus franchise store averages $2.2M* dollars annually.
Pet Supplies Plus is proud to be ranked #21 in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500 and #1 for the pet industry for the seventh year in a row.
*According to Pet Supplies Plus 2020 FDD.
Who are we looking for?
Pet Supplies Plus welcomes driven, business savvy entrepreneurs who love pets to join their front running team. Franchise Owners come from all different professional backgrounds including working for Fortune 500 companies, for the military, as multi-concept franchise owners looking to expand their business profile and as people looking for an active retirement plan.
We look for individuals that are values oriented and have some of these following traits:
- Unwavering desire to succeed
- Aggressive pursuit of growing the business
- Great management skills
- Understanding of the benefits and obligations of a franchise relationship
- Successful record of accomplishments in business
- Appreciation for the overriding importance of customer engagement and great customer service
- Business Established: 1987
- Franchising Since: 1990
- Total Units: 450+
- Franchised Units: 500+
- Initial Franchise Fee: $49,900
- Veteran Discount: 20% off initial fee
- Royalty Fee First 12 Months: 2%
- Royalty Fee After 12 Months: 3%
- Liquid Net Worth: $200,000
- Net Worth: $600,000
- Incentives: $6,000 discount on franchise fee for qualified veterans